Layout

Thursday, January 19, 2012

That's "Mr. D Man" To You...

I was holding out on sharing these photos until Dylan's birth announcements were sent out in the mail.  I had a little photo shoot with Dylan and Daddy's tie.  They didn't turn out exactly how I wanted but I still think they're pretty cute.




This is the one we used on his birth announcement


 A bad day at the office
 Uncle Fuzz came to visit his 1st nephew

So far I've survived 3 days at home with 2U2 by myself.  We have a nice little routine going on.  I even ventured out to the grocery store with both kids on my own on our first day, talk about ambitious. :)  It went surprisingly well!  

Dylan is doing great.  Last night he slept from 10:00 PM until 3:00 AM.  Talk about a happy momma!  We've been getting him in bed by 10 each night and that seems to be giving me the longest stretch of sleep if I go to bed right after he does.  He sometimes takes up to an hour to get back to sleep in the middle of the night by the time I change his diaper, feed him and get him settled back in bed.  He doesn't really cry, he just does a lot of grunting/fussing.  He grunts...a lot!  He must get that from his Daddy. :)  After the first night feeding I can pretty much expect him to wake again in 3 hours.  I know there's a 3 week growth spurt coming up so we'll see how that impacts his sleep.

Marissa is learning so much.  She is really good at pointing out animals and objects in her books and flash cards.  We're still working on getting her to say and pronounce her words but she is so smart.  She also loves stacking and using her building blocks.  Danny thinks she will be good at math and science...she certainly doesn't get that from me, good thing she has a computer scientist for a father.  

I can't believe Dylan will be 3 weeks old tomorrow.  Time is flying by so fast!  I'm really enjoying being home with my babies.  I get to play with Marissa, get dinner ready for when Danny gets home, the chores are (mostly) all done by the time he gets here and we get to spend quality time together.  Life is good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment