Layout

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ramblings of A Sleep Deprived Momma

Dylan is sleeping like crap.  Apparently he has reverted back to the newborn phase; waking every 2 hours in the middle of the night.  I have no idea what his deal is.  Isn't it perfect timing that I returned to work and he stops sleeping through the night?  I think it's his way of sticking it to the man...or in this case, sticking it to me.  He must be mad at me for leaving him. :(

Oddly enough, I don't feel as tired as I probably should.  When I get woken up in the middle of the night and when I get up for the day I feel pretty crabby and irritable.  I think I sometimes envy my husband because he can sleep through anything...including a screaming baby at 1:00, 3:00 and 5:00 AM.  Once I get a shower and a cup of coffee in me, I feel okay, for not getting much sleep at least.

Work has been busy.  I'm trying to cram 5 days of work into 3 days a week.  It's good because the days go by quickly but I switched gears so many times today that I wasn't sure which way was up.  I need to sharpen my mind a bit.  I've been in baby mode for 3 months with minimal adult interaction.  I do think that it's a nice balance between home and work and I'm so glad I did not return full time.

With that, I've decided that my kids have been eating my brain cells in my (lack of) sleep.  Maybe it will just take me a little time to get back into the swing of things but I feel like my brain has turned to mush.  Oh the joys of having children!

All in all, I really can't complain.  I have two beautiful; healthy children, a husband that loves me and a place to call home.

Dylan is weighing in at about 15 pounds!  He is quite the chunk.  Anyway...on to the good stuff:

Marissa and Dylan at dinner tonight


Dylan and Daddy


No comments:

Post a Comment