I haven't had much time to blog lately; I have been so busy with the kids and working. We had a cook out yesterday with my parents, my brother, Danny's parents and 3 of his nephews. We had a nice time and the weather was beautiful. It was a perfect day for smoking pork and salmon on the smoker, drinking wine and eating ice cream cones! The kids played with bubbles, sidewalk chalk, kicked the ball in the yard and did some races to burn a little energy. Marissa was wore out and slept great last night!
We're winding down after a busy weekend. I was scouring Facebook and reminiscing on Marissa's and Dylan's pregnancies and births (thank you Facebook timeline for making that so easy)! There have been lots of new babies and pregnancies on my Facebook news feed and I am so excited and happy for my friends that are making their way into parenthood. While parenting can be hard, like really really hard, it is so, so worth it! I realized that in the whirlwind of becoming a new parent, I missed a lot of the encouragement and love that friends left for me during my first few days as a new mom. I didn't realize the outpouring of well wishes that I had received. I need to find a way to print out the comments and capture them in Marissa and Dylan's baby scrapbooks; so they will know how many people loved and cared about them when they were born. :)
I can't believe that in just a few weeks Dylan will be 6 months old. During the early days of sleepless nights and around the clock feedings it seems like you will never sleep again. Then BAM your baby is almost 6 months old, rolling over, smiling, laughing, holding things, trying to sit and you light up his whole world when you enter the room or he hears your voice. Add in a little girl that tests your patience but melts your heart all at once and you truly begin to wonder where the time is going. Marissa will be 2 in just a couple months. Yesterday, she went pee-pee and poo-poo on the big girl potty for the first time. We were so proud of her! She got a "toope" (aka a cookie) because she was such a big girl!
She still adores her baby brother
I know people think I'm crazy for planning to have 2U2, but I really enjoy the crazy, sometimes hectic life we live. I don't get to drink a cup of coffee without changing a diaper, I don't get as much sleep as I need, I don't get out of my pajamas most days that I'm home with the kids, my house isn't as clean as I would like (though my mom begs to differ) some days I live for that second cup of coffee and I'm not as together as I once was...but life is good, I've got two sweet babies that I would give my life for, a husband that loves me and the fairy tale that I've always wanted. While it may not be castles, rainbows and blue skies, it's close enough for me!
We built a fort today...she took all of her crayons, her coloring book, Teddy and Minnie Mouse under the cover shortly after this picture was taken. She loved it when Dylan and I joined her; it is so cute to hear her giggle when she gets excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment