Layout

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Life Gets in the Way

My poor blog has been neglected lately.  I've only had time for short posts and quick photo check-ins.  Life has been busy.  Good, but busy!  It's amazing how life slips away when you have little ones.  Everyone always says "wait til you have kids" because your life passes by in the blink of an eye.  As much as I hate to say it, they're absolutely right.  Marissa is cruising right on to 2 and Dylan is already 6 months old.  Where has the time gone?  Several friends have recently embarked on their journey into parenthood; I hope they cherish each and every moment.  While I know all too well that sleepless nights are tough, they are only this little for such a short time.


Dylan is starting to tripod sit on his own:


And Marissa is turning into such a little lady:


I've been taking a little "me" time and getting some things checked off my to-do list.  I got my first pedicure since before Dylan was born with my SIL Katie this weekend.  I sipped a hot cinnamon dolce latte and enjoyed a few hours (kid free) shopping and eating lunch out.  It was heavenly.  I also realized that it has been over a year since I got my hair cut or trimmed.  It's on my to-do list but my 2U2 have been keeping me pretty occupied.  I'm saving up so I can donate to Locks-of-Love again.

Danny and I went on a date last week...to the dentist.  I'm cavity free, so it's nice to know that while I may not be as thin as I'd like, I don't always get out of my pajamas on days that I'm home and I haven't had a haircut in over a year, at least I'm still flossing and brushing effectively. :-D  While things like wearing skinny jeans and cute tops without spit up on them are days of the past, I wouldn't trade these days for anything.

These are the days I live for:



Danny and I went on a real "double date" to an Orioles game this weekend with my BIL and SIL.  We had a nice time, even though it was hot, hot, hot and we lost.


We had great seats!



Time to relax!



No comments:

Post a Comment