Oh dear, my blog has been all but tossed to the cloud and forgotten. The last time I checked in Leila was 8 weeks old. Tomorrow she will be 9...months. Gulp.
To say life has been busy would be an accurate statement. Between working part time and caring for 3 young kids, I am lucky to have warm coffee before wiping bottoms, filling sippy cups and being a soldier to my tiny commanding officers. They need me more than my blog needs me, that's for sure but I have missed documenting the different stages we have been through.
The adjustment to 3 kids has been surprisingly good. The fact that I would even contemplate a 4th should be a good indicator that things aren't so bad. Even though most of our friends and family think we are completely insane.
Leila is growing and learning so much each day. She melts my heart! She is in every sense of the word, the "baby." And when she sees me her face lights up. She is starting to wave and says mama and Dada. For the record, her first word was mama. We were at the beach in Corolla, NC back in September and she said it, just for me. I even have video to prove it!
Anyway, I digress. She is the perfect addition to our family. Marissa adores her to pieces and Dylan loves his baby sister. Leila looks for them now when they leave the room and she always has an eye on what they're doing.
Tomorrow she is 9 months old. It is truly hard to believe that we will be celebrating a birthday in a few short months. I feel like she was just a yearning in my uterus yesterday!
Dylan celebrated his 3rd birthday last week. Such a little man he is. He is so soft spoken and sweet, with a little bit of devilish mischief behind his baby blue eyes.
Marissa, oh Marissa! She is one of a kind. Sassy, sweet and so so smart. She legit beat me in a 72 card memory match the other night. She is defiant and strong willed. She is sweet and independent, pushes her limits and reels you in when you least expect it. But she still needs her momma. She loves her daddy. She is the greatest gift we've ever been given. I couldn't have picked a better big sister for Dylan and Leila.
Our days are filled with so much and so little all at the same time. We have good days and bad. The kids are pretty forgiving, though. They push us to be better parents, they test our patience and they wear us out but they are worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment