Layout

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Heart is in NY


I want to start by saying that I am very grateful that my husband has a wonderful job that provides for us. Unfortuntely, he has recently started working on a project that requires him to travel to Syracuse, NY every other week. I feel like I'm missing so much when he is gone. I have the two dogs to keep me company, and usually the week goes by fairly fast but I just miss having him here. I miss getting him to tuck me into bed at night and having him to hold me and kiss me. We get to talk on the phone during breaks and in the evening but it's just not the same. Danny hates talking on the phone anyway so I feel guilty keeping him on for too long. It is so nice when he returns on Friday evening, but he is usually stressed out from driving in DC and wants to do nothing more than sit on the couch. I know that the travel won't last forever (it looks like he may be doing this until June of next year ;-( ) but I just dread each week that he has to leave. I hope that we have many happy years together, but I don't like the thought of having just one day without him. I know that at this point in our lives the travel is manageable, but I question what the future will bring for our home life and his work life.

On top of missing him, my diet on the weeks he is gone is nothing to write home about. Last night I had a turkey sandwich, a bag of popcorn and a bottle (yes, a WHOLE bottle) of red wine for dinner. That's pretty good compared to other weeks when I stick to a bag of chips and a couple Miller Lights. Anyone who knows me knows that I love to cook and be your Betty Crocker house wife. But when he's gone I don't have that piece of me anymore. I don't really know where that piece of me goes because it certainly doesn't go to NY...Danny usually picks up fast food or pizza for dinner so he has to be missing my good cookin'!

Ok, enough about my soap box, I just wish that his work would be more considerate of his home life. Some people are work-aholics and that might explain why their home life doesn't look too appealing. Danny and I have a nice home life, we enjoy each others company and putting hundreds of miles between us for days on end just breaks my heart. So Dear NY, please keep my husband safe and bring him home as soon as you can. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment