Layout

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Debut of Our Little Peanut!

Danny and I went to the doctor's yesterday and I had my first sonogram. I was 8 weeks and 1 day along. We got to see the heartbeat which was really neat. Though our little one resembles more of a peanut right now, it will soon be growing arms, legs and a button nose! We are continuing to pray that everything goes smoothly this first trimester. We cannot pray enough to have a happy and healthy baby. I go back in 5 weeks for my 13 week check up. They will hook me up to the doppler machine and I will actually get to hear the baby's heart this time. So exciting! Our next appointment we will be out of the first trimester and hopefully smoothly sailing into the second.




Danny is going to continue traveling every other week to New York until June. The only good outcome is that he will get to take some extra time off in August when the baby comes. I've been doing some research online to find meals that I can make a few weeks before the baby comes and freeze them. I don't know what to expect when we bring that little bundle of joy home but I know that I probably won't feel up to slaving over a hot stove after giving birth! A few weeks before the baby is due I am going to try and make as many meals as I can and freeze them so that all I have to do it reheat them or bake them in the oven. I think it will help out a lot. Any recipe ideas would be greatly appreciated! :)




I'm looking forward to several things in February. My dad's birthday, my grandma's birthday, Eli, our chocolate lab turns 3, Valentine's Day, the Super Bowl, our 13 week check up on the 16th and I am going to VA Beach the last weekend in February for a scrapbook retreat. My friend and I have been going for the past 2 years and it is a lot of fun. We basically eat, sleep and scrapbook the whole weekend! It is so nice because I don't have to worry about house work, laundry, the dogs, fixing dinner, nothing!! All I have to do is get up, make sure I have comfy PJs on, eat and scrapbook. This year I am going to work on our Anniversary Cruise album and finish up our Honeymoon album. I know that once the baby comes I will never get to catch up!




Please continue to pray that our little one is growing healthy and strong. There won't be much to update you on over the next few weeks, except for maybe my growing belly. It makes me nervous that I won't have another check up for 5 weeks but all I can do is take care of myself and the baby and hope for the best.




No comments:

Post a Comment