Layout

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Sweetest Sound

The sweetest sound in the whole world is hearing your baby's heartbeat for the first time! I was so nervous going into our appointment. Though I've had no signs or symptoms of anything being wrong, I was just scared to death. The nurse put the doppler on my stomach and I gave her about 1.5 seconds before I started to panic, but before I knew it there was that swoosh, swoosh, swoosh coming from the doppler and tears were welling up in my eyes. What a relief! The baby's heartbeat was at 130 beats per minute, the nurse said that average is anywhere from 110 to 160 bpm. Danny asked what the old wives tales are for the heartbeat, and much to my surprise the nurse said that a lower heartbeat means you are having a girl. I always thought it was the opposite, I guess we will just have to wait until our next ultrasound to find out. Anyone taking any bets? We should find out in about 7 weeks what we are having. I'm 13 weeks today and I go back to the doctor's during week 17. Then again at week 20. So exciting!

A friend of mine gave me the book "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" today so I have some reading to catch up on.

I received my first order of cloth diapers in the mail this past weekend. They are adorable! I can't wait to see how they work. I know we have some time (and I shouldn't be wishing dirty diapers upon myself) but I'm really excited to try them out. I hope that I can stick to my plan and that they work out for our family. Again, only time will tell.

Danny and I are so excited for this journey, I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and I am so thankful for this little blessing. I feel like the time is really going to start to fly now so I'm going to try my best to document my pregnancy so that I don't miss anything looking back on these posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment