Layout

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Today I celebrated my very first Mother's Day!  When you have a child of your own, Mother's Day takes on a whole new meaning.  I hope that one day Marissa will be proud enough to call me her mom.  I hope that she appreciates the love that I have for her and knows that I would do anything in the world for her.

Danny let me sleep in (sort-of) this morning.  I fed Marissa when she woke up and then Danny got up with her and let me go back to sleep.  I think I did more laying in bed than actually sleeping, but it was nice either way.  When she started to get fussy for him I told him to bring me "my baby" and she was kicking and wiggling to get to me as soon as he walked in the bedroom.  She snuggled up with momma and started to doze off for a nap.  I love it when she is snuggly.  

The plan was to have breakfast in bed, but I used all the eggs yesterday.  Once I got out of bed Danny went to the grocery store for me while I enjoyed a cup of coffee while Marissa napped.  When Danny got home he made me brunch of waffles and sausage links.  It was yummy.  Marissa thought it was pretty tasty too, she had a few bites of waffle.

We've been working in the yard this past weekend and it's slowly coming together.  Hopefully we can get mulch laid this week and it will be just about done!  I have a few more flowers to plant but we've made a lot of progress so far.  It's kind of a mess right now as we have planter boxes and everything in the way.
Danny Marissa got me a water fountain for the garden and I can't wait until Danny puts it together for me!  Once the mulch is down we should be able to put it together.  It is going to go on the left side of the walkway. :)

Danny was nice enough to take some pictures of Marissa and me for Mother's Day!  I really like this one:
Always poking her lip out!
We had my ILs over for dinner tonight and we were all sitting down to eat.  We were talking and had just filled our plates when we look over and Marissa is fast asleep.  She still had a carrot in her mouth, but she was sooo tired she just couldn't stay awake any longer.  She slept for about 20-30 minutes.  It was so cute!

 Eli & Sadie enjoyed being outside with us today!



Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!  Just spending the day with Marissa was plenty enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love what you and Danny did with the front of the house. Super cute!!

    I can't believe Marissa is crawling. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete