Layout

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Right Where I'm Supposed to Be

Nothing but the sound of thunder and music are playing tonight.  Danny has been trying to get me to use Pandora Radio for months, I finally turned it on and it linked up to my Facebook artists that I "like" and I must say, it's playing all of my favorite songs!  Good deal.  Danny is at a friend's and he took the dogs for a play date.  Marissa has been in bed since about 7:30.  The sound of rain makes me feel sleepy but as I sit here and ponder, I can't help but think I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be in life.  I'm so grateful for my husband, Marissa, my family, my home and a few true friends.  I understand that being a parent isn't for everyone, but I wouldn't trade the sleepless nights, sloppy kisses, sweet snuggles, the smile I get when I go get Marissa out of the crib, the sweet sound of her laughing, the way she says "dadada" or the love I have for my family, for anything in the world.  You couldn't pay me enough money to give up the life we've built.  

Today was an overcast day, which was perfect for jammies.  I enjoyed spending the day with Marissa.  She is really getting good at crawling now.  She still has a runny nose, but otherwise seems to be fine.  Tonight I made chicken parmesan with spaghetti and garlic toast.  Marissa really liked it, too!  She is loving table foods now.  It's hard to believe how much she has grown in 9 short months.  She has melted our hearts many times over and she is such a joy.  

Well, I need my rest.  Good night!




No comments:

Post a Comment