....and you wouldn't believe how many people have already said "maybe you'll have a Christmas baby" or "maybe you'll have a New Year's baby" or "maybe you will have the first baby of the year" or "maybe he/she will come early so you get another tax deduction" or "maybe it will be born on so-and-so's birthday" or....you get the point. It's funny because I have several friends who are pregnant right now and occasionally I am their ear to vent to. I forgot what it's like to be pregnant, everyone and their mother has something to say. Sometimes I think people just say the first thing that pops in their head, when really just a simple congratulations would suffice. You should see the looks that I get when I tell them that Marissa is only 9 months old. Their eyes widen, sometimes a jaw drops and they get that inevitable blank stare on their face that says "this was an oops, right?" Occasionally those words even come out of their mouth and I have to laugh because yes, Danny and I really are that crazy...we intentionally planned or didn't prevent another bambino coming into our lives. We are excited for our journey of having another baby. You only live once, right!? Who needs sleep anyway? It's totally over rated!
So with that I present to you peanut #2, my dad joked that maybe this one is an almond. He always called Marissa "peanut" when she was still an inside baby and he for sure thought that peanut would stick once she became an outside baby, but no such luck!

This weekend my BIL, SIL and nephew, Knox, are home to visit. We haven't seen them since January and Knox has grown so much! He is 5 months old and almost as big as Marissa already. I hope we can get some good pictures of them together this weekend.
Tomorrow we are going to Marissa's second cousin, Aubrey's, 1st birthday party! It's hard to believe that we will be celebrating Marissa's 1st birthday in just a few short months. I really need to get the ball rolling on her party decorations. I finally broke down and bought the Cricut cartridge that I need with lady bugs on it. My friend Mickey was so generous to let me borrow hers but she needed it back and I'm still not done with everything I need to make. Hopefully the cartridge arrives in the mail soon and I find some much needed motivation to get things going again.
Danny is hanging out with his brother tonight so I'm at home with baby girl. Our comfy king sized bed is going to be calling my name very shortly! Perhaps after a glass of milk and a little something for dessert.
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment