Layout

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Busy Life = No Time for Pictures

I apologize in advance for not posting any recent pictures of Marissa.  I have two weekends of pictures on my camera that I need to upload but I haven't found the time.

We went to Lake Anna with some friends and Marissa had her first encounter with sand.  She loved it!  There were racing boats in the lake that were extremely loud (don't worry, it wasn't loud enough to cause any damage, we were at a distance) and Marissa didn't seem to be bothered at all.  We were worried that they might scare her but she enjoyed watching them go back and fourth and taking in all of the people at the lake.  She even cuddled up to her momma and took a little cat nap with all the excitement!  As you know, I was in pure heaven while she napped in my arms. :)  We are hopeful that she will not be scared of fireworks on July 4th.  We might just make an exception for her to be up past her bedtime for all the festivities. 

After the lake we went to an Asian restaurant with Erin and Robey and got sushi at the hibachi grill.  Of course, I had to settle on a california roll while Danny devoured spicy tuna and salmon rolls, my favorite.  Sometimes being pregnant is no fun!
MmMmmM...(don't knock it if you haven't tried it!)

Last Sunday we had some friends over for a cook out and the girls scrapbooked while the guys watched the kiddo's.  It was fun to see Hunter and Marissa interacting.  I have pictures of them together that I will (hopefully) post soon!

This weekend I am going to Sophie's baby shower.  I'm excited to see her!

Sunday is Father's Day!  This is Danny's first Father's Day.  I'm not really sure what we are doing yet.  He hasn't said what he wants to do.  I'm sure we will either grill out or go out to eat.  He of course doesn't want to make a big deal out of a "Hallmark holiday."  I plan to let him sleep in and if he's nice he might get breakfast in bed.  Who am I kidding?  He sleeps in all the time. :)

We booked our hotel for our weekend away in Virginia Beach.  With Danny's Marriott Rewards we were able to get an ocean front hotel right on the board walk.  I guess all of his travel does count for something, right?  Hopefully we will be meeting up with some friends, doing lots of strolling the board walk with Marissa, playing in the pool and on the beach and eating lots of yummy food!  We don't go out much anymore so we figured we could splurge a little on a weekend vacay! 

I'm super excited because my parents bought Marissa the white vintage kitchen I had been eyeballing for her birthday!  It was delivered this week.  Danny hasn't put it together yet, but I can't wait to see it.  Now I have to figure out which accessories to buy her for her birthday.  There's so much to choose from.  Thanks again mom and dad, that was very generous of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment