Layout

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Little Miss Sunshine - New Purse

I got really ambitious after testing the Carolina Breeze bag.  I took one of my favorite Vera Bradley bags and used it as a model for creating a new purse.  This bag has 5 inner pockets and 1 outer pocket.  I really like how it turned out, though it was very time consuming (I think it took me over 7 hours to complete) and really tested my sewing skills.  I wish the straps were about an inch longer but other than that I can't complain!  I now understand why Vera Bradley sells purses for $60.00. This was a pretty complex project for my beginner sewing skills, but I had fun.







Next I plan on making Marissa a matching purse (with less details).  I also got fabric to make her a Minnie Mouse apron for helping me in the kitchen and I am going to make her a little doll carrier so she can be just like mommy!  Let's face it, I might as well enjoy the days of her actually wanting to be like me...I'm sure a day will come (all too soon) where she wants to be the exact opposite of her mother. ;)


2 comments:

  1. beautiful! I'm a complete beginner "seamstress" but that is something I would love to do someday.

    ReplyDelete