Layout

Monday, September 24, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

This past Saturday was my birthday, I've reached the peak of my twenties and I'm officially on the downward slope heading into my thirties!  In plain English, I am no longer 25.

We had a low key day with my family.  My parents came to visit this weekend, we played with the kids and then we went and took some pictures at the lake.  After pictures we had dinner at a local Mexican Restaurant, drank yummy margaritas and came home to sing happy birthday and eat homemade peanut butter pie (made by Danny)!  After we put the kids to bed Danny and I headed out for a few drinks and a movie while my parents stayed with the kids.

It's not my birthday until there's peanut butter pie.  It is my signature birthday "cake" and Danny did a great job with my recipe.


Before our movie, we had drinks at Park Lane next to the fire pit. It was a beautiful night!  We saw Lawless at the adult theater. 


We had originally planned on going to a party but it got cancelled last minute so we didn't have a lot of time to make plans.  I'm actually happy with the way the day turned out, though.  I got to spend time with the people who truly love me.  Over the years I'm learning that the people you think are your friends, often can't even take a minute out of their day to wish you a happy birthday.  At first I was kind of bummed, I felt like some of my friends forgot about me, I was beginning to mope and feel sorry for myself.  I told Danny on the way to town that I didn't understand why my friends couldn't wish me a happy birthday.  I thought I had done something wrong, that I wasn't worthy of a call, a text or a simple Facebook message.  As soon as I said that to him I realized that I got to spend the day with people who love me for me.  Who love me even when I'm mad, or frustrated because things aren't going my way, they love me when I'm happy and they love me when I'm sad.  I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not, I don't have to go out of my way to help them or do things to make them like me.  They just do...because they are family.  Danny is my rock, my best friend, my companion.  He brings me back to reality and makes me realize what is truly important.  

My parents came to the lake with us and took family pictures, which was my only wish for my birthday.  Even though my mom is not a photographer, she doesn't know how to use my camera that well, Marissa wasn't cooperating, Dylan wanted my scarf, my earrings, my bracelet, Danny's buttons on his shirt and wouldn't stop biting his bottom lip, these are pictures I will cherish for a life time.  These are the people I live for, these are the people that love me...

My little dancing machine. She didn't want to take pictures (at all) but we put her on stage and she rocked it!

My boys

A very rare occurrence. We don't get many pictures together, so I will cherish these for a long time to come. 

My sweet, crazy, uncooperative, baby girl!


Our version of a family picture. Doesn't Marissa look impressed?  And Dylan, he just looks grumpy!

We'll show her...

Fun with daddy

My favorite family picture from the day!

Me and the Mr.

Marissa was refusing to even get near camera shot at this point.

So we took family photos with the cute little guy

I think he is teething

Love her!


She loved swinging, so at least we got a few pictures of her. ;)



Here's to another year.  Here's to more memories with my loved ones, to building new friendships, rekindling old ones and loving deeper.  Nothing in this life is promised, but I promise to be the best wife, mother, daughter and friend I can be!






No comments:

Post a Comment