Layout

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bringing in the New Year with Third Tri Exhaustion!

If anyone is wondering where I've been, it is obvious to say I have not been in the blogger world.  Life is absolutely crazy and hectic for us right now.  And we're adding in another baby in approximately 3 months...what were we thinking?! ;)

Christmas has come and gone.  To say we were busy is an understatement.  We traveled 6 hours south to visit my brother in law.  Then traveled to my parent's house on Christmas Eve-Eve and stayed until Christmas day.  Then we headed back home to have lots of family (5 nephews!) come to visit for Dylan's birthday and our family Christmas celebrations.  Last night when everyone had gone home and the kids were in bed I felt like I had been hit by a ton of bricks.  I think all of the travel, excitement, cooking, cleaning, wrapping presents, lack of sleep, opening presents, more cleaning, colds for the kids, birthday parties and Christmas celebrations caught up to me.  I am coming into the third trimester next week and I can definitely tell that the baby is growing and I am getting tired more easily.  I know I am going to need energy for when we move into the new house, but right now it just feels so far away.

Other than exhaustion, I have been feeling pretty good.  My sciatic nerve pain has flared back up again, though.  I think from sleeping on different beds, being in the car too long, on my feet for too long and just not taking my normal precautions has caused it to start hurting again.  Hopefully things can settle down for a few weeks and I can get it under control before moving.  The baby feels like he/she is sitting so low already; I am hoping the little one decides to move up soon.  I am still getting lots of movement, though Danny hasn't really felt the baby much.  I am still leaning towards it being a boy.  We haven't even really discussed names yet, we should probably get on that soon!  I'm officially down to the double digits; 96 days until my EDD! Eeeek!

In other news, the house is slowly coming along.  Things were really rolling there for awhile but due to the holidays it seems like things have really slowed down.  It is kind of disappointing, as it feels like they've forgotten about us, but hopefully by the end of January we will be new home owner's.  It has been such a headache and just one thing after another from getting the home loan, to staying on top of the builder, to finalizing everything from cabinets, floors, paint colors, etc.  I will be happy to put this behind us and start 2014 in a new home with our new family.  The 120 days from "start to finish" has almost come and gone and it is a little disappointing to not be in our house yet.  I know it will all come in due time.

Danny and I are going to go check things out today, but last we saw the dry wall was up and primed, the trim was done and the interior doors were in.  Floors will start on the 2nd and they said they should be done by the 9th.  Then they will install all of the electrical outlets, lights and fixtures.  Cabinets will go in once the floors are complete, plumbing has to be finished and then we will be almost ready to call it home!  The siding still needs to be finished on the front of the house and the garage doors need to be installed.  I know there is still a lot left to do, but it should be coming together soon.

I have tons of pictures to share from the last few weeks!
The birthday boy! Dylan turns 2.

Christmas morning at MiMi and PupPups

Making Christmas cookies for Santa. 



 Fun at Bristol Raceway



Visiting Santa



Christmas parade with friends 

No updated house pictures...hopefully once the siding is done. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment