We had our 20 week ultrasound almost two weeks ago. I don't know how I managed to go almost 3 weeks without posting. I guess we have been so busy that it really hasn't been on my mind lately. Anyway, we remained team green during our ultrasound. When the tech could have told us what the sex of the baby is, he or she (I'm thinking he, you'll see why...) had his/her hand between his/her legs. Just like a boy! So the tech said it must have been a sign that we weren't supposed to find out what we're having.
I'm 22 weeks along today. I've been feeling relatively well. I have had some insomnia the past week or so. I seem to be waking around 4 AM and I'm wide awake until about 6 AM. Then the kids are up around 7 or 8; so I've been feeling a bit tired. I haven't been having any cravings or many symptoms. I've had a little indigestion here and there. The baby moves quite a bit throughout the day. I felt his or her hiccups for the first time this week. Pretty uneventful; which I'll gladly take.
I'm trying to soak it all in as this will be my last pregnancy but honestly, I've been so busy that the days are just flying by. I was looking at my pregnancy app and at the end of the month I will be in the double digits until my due date. It's hard to focus on how my body is changing, all of the movements and typical pregnancy ups and downs when you already have two children to care for.
This pregnancy will be over before I know it and we will have a new squishy baby to care for. I'm a little nervous about being outnumbered and I'm not looking forward to the postpartum stage. While I know that people want to see the baby and visit, I tend to want some alone time after bringing the baby home (unless of course they are dropping off dinner). ;) Or to have visitors in small spurts. I want time to "get to know" the baby, read their cues and to frankly just be able to veg out on the couch, nurse when/where I want, nap, or even cry when I feel like I need to and not feel like I have to entertain. My personality doesn't really allow me to just relax when people are over. It takes a little while for my hormones and emotions to level out and I just have a hard time when I feel like I have to bottle up my feelings for other people. I know Danny and I will need help with Marissa and Dylan, though. It's such a double edged sword. As Danny says, I over think everything and anticipation seems to be my worst enemy, but he doesn't quite get postpartum hormones, either. Such a conundrum.
Well, the kiddo's are up; there's laundry to do and juice cups to fill. Happy Sunday!

No comments:
Post a Comment