Layout

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

*Father's Day 2010*

For Father's Day we went to New Market to visit my parents.  It was a nice relaxing time, the dogs got to run and play, we ate too much and also visited with some friends. 
My brother and I ~ "Uncle Fuzz"


 Now if this isn't the way to soak up summer, I don't know what is!

A little gift from Marissa to Daddy

Somehow I managed to not get a picture of my mom and I over the weekend. :-(  I think I secretly didn't want to look bigger than her.  Ha, ha!  If you are reading this mom, I'm just kidding!  Love you!

We also spent Sunday with Danny's family, we kept it simple and ordered pizza!  Who doesn't love pizza? 

Another weekend slipped through our finger tips like an ice cube on a hot summer day.  I'm down to 62 days until Marissa's estimated arrival.  I had a doctor's appointment this morning and everything is looking great.  I now have to go every two weeks, which means we are getting close to go time. 

I got some goodies in the mail yesterday, which is always exciting.  A friend from the Monastery (thanks, Doyle!) that we've known for years sent me a couple baby books, a pink boppy cover (that just so happens to match the minky dot pillow with Marissa's name on it) and a few other things. :)  I can't wait to start the books!  I guess I don't have much time before Marissa gets here, with my energy starting to drain, hopefully I will have some time to read them.  Once these next three weekends are over, I'm seriously not planning ANYTHING!  I know, I know...I say that all the time, but we really, really need a break before Marissa gets here.  So I'm hoping that there will be lots of reading, pool time, relaxing in the AC and spending time with my hubby in the near future.  We just have to make it through an anniversary/pool party this weekend, July 4th and then my shower and we'll be in the home stretch!  Someone please kick me if I try to plan anything that doesn't involve relaxing!

Happy Father's Day to all the father's and soon to be dad's out there!  Especially this guy:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment