Layout

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Adult Drinks and Quiet Time

So being pregnant puts a bit of a damper on the whole adult drinking thing.  To be honest, I haven't missed the hang overs, binge drinking and sleeping until early afternoon.  I haven't craved a beer, a glass of wine or any fruity concoctions (yet).  It doesn't bother me to be around other people who drink, I can still hang out with my friends and have a good time.  But tonight, I wanted to jazz things up a bit!  So Danny poured me a glass of the finest 100% White Grape Peach Juice in my all time favorite wine glass.  He looked at me like I had three heads when I pulled the wine glass down and asked for it to be filled up.  I like to live on the edge!

I remember the days of "Thirsty Thursday's" and "Whiskey Wednesday's!"  Not that I partook in any such events. :)  Hahaha! 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will say that I look forward to being able to enjoy a glass of wine again, or to have a beer after a long day at work.  I hope that I can have girl nights where we open a bottle of wine and catch up, but don't feel the need to open 3 more bottles before the night ends.  I don't need beer pong, flip cup or beer bongs to entertain me.  Not that I'm above any of those things, I'm just in a different place now.  But, what I really need are friends and family that support our decision to take this step into parenthood.  To be there when I'm frazzled and need a break from diapers, laundry and the never ending chores.  Friends who make sure that I talk about things other than just diapers, laundry, chores and how much I adore Marissa.  I hope that my friends and family can come to our house and not expect everything to be in perfect order.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I like things a certain way, that I need order in my home and I feel good when at the end of the day the floor isn't covered in dog hair, the coffee table doesn't have a layer of dust on it and the dishes and laundry are put away.  I take great pride in our little home.  It isn't the nicest house, the fanciest or the biggest, but it's our home and there's a lot of love in it.


I know I'm going to have to let some of my OCD ways take the back burner while I figure this whole "parenting" thing out.  So if you come to visit us after Marissa gets here and you see the house a total wreck, don't be surprised.  Not that our house is the cleanest on the block (I mean seriously, we have two labs, anyone who has ever had a lab knows that it's nearly impossible to have a spotless house, let alone a spotless house with two of the rug rats).  Anyway, I digress...I know our house will probably never be as organized as I would like, so I guess I better get used to the idea, huh?!  One day I know I will look back on these pictures and think..."What happened to our home!?"

So I will cherish these photos as I sit here quietly with nothing but the sound of fingers tapping on the keyboard.  The dogs have settled into their cozy spots, soaking up every inch of AC they can, there's a quiet rumble of the battleground coming from downstairs as my husband plays World of Warcraft and the rest is just silence.  No TV, music or the sound of shuffling dog feet are heard.  It's nice, it's peaceful...yes, I have too much time on my hands, and yes, I know I need to get a life, but these are moments that will be few and far between in my near future.  So I'm going to kick back and enjoy it while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment