Layout

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fluffy Butt & Tummy Time

We started cloth diapering a little over a week ago and so far I love it.  It's a little more work than disposables but the benefits in the long run will outweigh the convenience factors by far!  For the most part, we are using the old school style diapers called pre-folds or flats and instead of diaper pins and "plastic pants" we use snappi's and thirsties diaper covers.  Once Marissa gets a little bigger we will switch to our pocket diapers.  

Snappi

Thirsties cover


Again, I've had numerous people doubt that I would be able to cloth diaper.  I've gotten comments like "that's gross" to "your house is going to stink" to "good luck with that" and my favorite..."that won't last a week."  Well, we've made it past a week, it's poop and I have to deal with poop whether I cloth diaper or not, my house doesn't smell like poop and breast fed poop is completely water soluble.   It amazes me how un-supportive and closed minded people can be.  I don't know if anyone has noticed but when I do something I give it my all, I'm very determined and if you tell me I can't do something, you can bet your ass I'm going to give you a good run for your money.  

Even though Danny would rather use disposables for the convenience, he knows how much I want to cloth diaper and he's jumped in with both feet and is on board!  He is becoming quite the pro at using the snappi (it takes a little practice putting a cloth diaper on a squirmy baby).  

Well, without further ado, here's Marissa's cute, pink fluffy butt!

BumGenius All In One (AIO) Size Small

We had family tummy time...


Mother Sadie 

Eli giving the side eye...


I can't believe Marissa is already 2 weeks old.  Before I know it I will be heading back to work and having to send Marissa off to the baby sitters.  So in the meantime, I'm going to soak up every day that I get to spend with her.  I'm just not ready to pass her off to anyone.  Plus, with exclusively breast feeding, I can physically only be away from her for 2 - 4 hours at a time before the next feeding (if I'm lucky).  Sure, I could pump and give her a bottle but I don't want to start down that path of bottles yet.  I haven't had to give her a bottle in over a week and there's no need to cause confusion when it's not necessary.  I'm not at my wits end, pulling my hair out, there's nowhere I need to be right now without her.  She's just a little baby and she doesn't need to be away from her momma just yet.  Call me over protective, but she's not going out of my site until I'm 100% ready.  And if that means she's 16 before her first sleep over, then so be it.  I kid, I kid...I won't be that parent. :-P

Between diaper changes, feeding and cuddle time, this post only took about 2 hours from start to finish.  I think I'm doing pretty good! 


No comments:

Post a Comment