Layout

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sweet Marissa Has Arrived

I don't have much time to blog since I'm feeding pretty much around the clock.  Feedings every two hours takes A LOT out of you, let me tell ya!  But a quick update on our new family...

Marissa Iris was born on August 30th, 2010 at 10:46 am.  She weighed in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 inches long.  She is an absolute beauty (though I suppose I am a bit biased)!

I will post my full birth story once I get a chance to sit down and actually write it.  I'm sure it will be long, even though the actual birth was pretty speedy.

I was able to have the med-free birth that I was hoping for, even after so many people doubted me.  I will say, it is the most empowering feeling in the world, and I feel that I can truly conquer anything that I put my mind to.  Everything turned out perfect, Danny was so supportive and I couldn't have asked for a better birth coach and the nurses were pretty great, too.  I never yelled at Danny, I never cursed him and I felt that we truly bonded during this experience.  A bonding in a way that you can't imagine or describe.  I've changed inside and out through this whole experience and though sleep deprived and learning, I couldn't be happier.

So, here's our beauty!


1 comment:

  1. Yaaay! I was hoping you'd blog soon although I don't know why I was thinking you'd have time lol! I'm happy you got to do it your way :) I knew you could! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete