Layout

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So Close I Can Almost Taste It

Spring, that is!  It's right around the corner and I can see my Daffodils and Irises springing up through the ground and getting ready for their big bloom.  I love the sweet smell of irises and they have the most beautiful, intricate and delicate blooms.  So if you've ever wondered why we gave Marissa the middle name of Iris, now you know. =)
Unfortunately, we desperately need to give my irises a new home.  When we purchased our house there was a little water pond and a garden right off the side of the house.  We decided that the pond was too much of an upkeep so we dug it out.  This Spring it is our plan to fill the hole where the pond was and possibly get rid of this little garden all together.  Maybe I can convince Danny that a water fountain would be less of a hassle and we can keep the irises right where they are (a water fountain sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day present, don'tchathink?).  They do need to be thinned out though, they multiply as the years go by and the quality of the blooms start to degrade when they are choking each other out. 

Garden Treasures Two Tier Cast Fountain
I'm thinking something like this from Lowe's would look beautiful!

I may have to put a little birdy in Danny's ear.

It's supposed to be 80 degrees this Friday so I'm hoping the rest of the weekend is just as beautiful.  We are planning on cleaning out our closets and doing some (much needed) Spring cleaning.  This would also be a perfect time for Danny to trim the bushes in the front of the house and do some yard work (much to his delight, ha, ha, ha...rrrriiiight). 

We have a trip to the DC Zoo planned in May.   I will be meeting up with a few new mom friends and I'm excited to meet them!  I can't wait to take Marissa for her first time.  As sad as this is, my first time to the zoo was for my 22nd birthday!  Every boyfriend I ever had promised to take me to the zoo, the only one that followed through was Danny, who later became my husband!  I knew I picked him for a reason. ;-)  Here's a few pictures from our trip!

There's a little bit of talk about a cruise in our future with my BIL/SIL.  The plan is for the November time frame which will be perfect since our anniversary is in November.  We'll see if anything comes of the plans, but a cruise sounds splendid right now!

Speaking of "so close"...as of last week I am officially 2 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy (PP) weight!  I'm still not quite fitting into all of my PP jeans, it seems my hips still think I'm pregnant.  Judge away, but losing all the baby weight just hasn't been on my top priority list.  Ideally, I would like to be down about another 6 pounds, but I'm not going to stress, starve or lose sleep over it!

This Sunday my friend Sophie is going to come over for a cloth diaper tutorial!  I'm excited to share my wealth of information.  She has gotten some negative feedback from others about cloth diapering, which seems to be pretty typical.  I hope that after seeing the diapers in action, she can at least make an educated decision about cloth diapering.  And if she decides it's not for her, at least she didn't make a presumptuous decision based on lack of knowledge or ignorance.

Head on over to the Eco Friendly Family Blog to enter in a giveaway for a FREE Planet Wise Wetbag!




1 comment:

  1. Yay for some warmer weather! It's going to be 70 here on Friday, and I can't wait!! I too am looking forward to taking Breanna to the (Philly) zoo this spring.

    That's awesome you're two pounds away from your pre-pregnancy. GL with the last 2! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete