Layout

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Week of Firsts

As a new mom, you are so very excited for all of the firsts in your child's life.  Like crawling, their first word, first steps, etc.  Well, there's also a few firsts that you could either live without or push off until they go to college (I kid, I kid...).  :)

One that I anticipated being much worse than it was, was Marissa's very first big girl sleep over.  That's right, she's almost 15 months old and hasn't slept overnight without her mommy yet.  Last Friday was Danny's birthday so Marissa went to her Grandma and Grandpa's house for the night.  Danny and I went to a Japanese steak house for dinner and had a nice evening as husband and wife.  I was hoping to sleep in but my internal alarm clock didn't allow for that.  Instead I got up, made coffee and breakfast, made Danny's favorite (strawberry) cupcakes, gave the kitchen a good wipe down and put away a load of laundry.  Marissa did great at her sleep over and the anticipation of the big event is now behind us.

This is the one that I could live without...


Marissa had her first big "spill" yesterday.  She fell on the brick walkway at our house and got a pretty good scrape on her forehead.  Note to self: brick is not forgiving.  Poor baby was pretty upset (as was I) but with a few kisses and mommy snuggles she was back to her normal self.  She let me clean it up and was acting like nothing happened after that. 

This morning I dropped Marissa off at the sitters and she said "bah-bye!"  It was adorable, so at least there's one good first for the week!  She also gave me a kiss before I left so at least she still loves me and has forgiven me for letting her scrape her head. 



No comments:

Post a Comment