Though the past few days have been a bit chilly for my taste, I know the heat is coming which means fun in the sun and not wanting to be glued to the house for last minute projects and chores. We have so much to do before Marissa arrives but with summer also comes barbeques, the river, spending more time in my rocking chair on the front porch and taking in those dew filled mornings with a hot cup of coffee. Trips to visit friends and family, staying out too late to enjoy the heat of the night, watching the stars as the moon rises and soaking in every inch of sun light the day has to offer. This summer I will probably also find myself sitting pool side, trying my best to cool off while still getting to enjoy those hot summer days.
Just an example of how crazy and hectic the months to come will be; this past weekend gave us a little taste. It was Mother’s Day weekend so we decided to visit my mom, 2 hours away. Danny and I stayed home on Friday and got a few things done around the house, watched a movie together and snuggled before hitting the hay. Danny slept in on Saturday while I enjoyed my coffee, I got some peace and quiet while the dogs napped in sun spots and I sat in my new glider thinking of all the time to come that will be spent in that chair with our new little girl. After enjoying some time to myself, I decided it was time for the dogs to give Daddy a wakeup call. All I had to say was “go wake Daddy” and the pups were bouncing and wagging and jumping in bed, licking Daddy’s face, letting him know it was time to greet the day!
Here are some pictures of my new glider, thanks to my mom and dad. It is so comfy and I can't believe that in just a few short months there will be a baby in my arms!
After packing up the car and dropping the dogs off for an overnight “sleepover” we hit the road for our two hour journey through the Shenandoah Mountains. The trees were in full bloom and the air was crisp and fresh.
We arrived at my parents early afternoon, around 2:00 and immediately left to go visit some family friends for their son’s 5th birthday party at the park. We talked and caught up with everyone for a few hours then headed home for mom and dad to make grilled asparagus, grilled rockfish, garlic toast and homemade mashed potatoes. I’m a pretty good cook, but it’s always nice having someone else cook for you. My mom also surprised me with a really great Mother’s Day present. I received the ‘Angel of Mine’ Willow Tree figurine which is a handmade carving of a mother and her child. It’s precious and couldn’t have been a better gift for a Mother-to-be!
We called it an early night around 10:00 pm because morning would come far too soon. I was up on Sunday before the alarm went off at 6:30 am and got ready for the day. We were out of the house and on the road for some 7-11 coffees by 7:00 and headed to my old hometown of Berryville for breakfast with my family. My grandma, grandpa, brother, his girlfriend, my parents, Danny and I as well as my uncle and his girlfriend all enjoyed a Mother’s Day breakfast buffet at the local VFW. After stuffing myself with chipped beef gravy and biscuits, scrambled eggs, bacon and fried potatoes, we said our goodbye’s and hit the road once more to head home.
On the way home we stopped at the Blandy Garden Fair in hopes of seeing my old High School Horticulture teacher. We had no such luck but I was able to pick up some goodies! Danny bought me two hummingbird feeders that use wine bottles and are made out of copper to hang on the porch for my first Mother’s Day. I also got enough flowers to make two large flower pots for the front porch. I was a happy camper after our unexpected detour.
On our way home we picked up the dogs from the sitters (thanks Amanda & Bear) and boy were they TIRED! I think they were passed out in the back before we made it out of their community. We made it home in enough time to unload the car, run to the grocery store, and unpack our things and head over to Danny’s parents’ house to celebrate Mother’s Day with his mom. We grilled out steaks, I made broccoli salad, and we had potato salad and regular salad. Talk about a lot of salad! It was good though. It was nice to enjoy the family time together and we watched Danny’s three nephews and our dogs run around the back yard, playing on the swing set, chasing each other and driving their power wheels cars around.
The air was cooling and it was time to head home and wind down from the weekend. I fell asleep on Danny on the couch around 7:00 and didn’t wake up until 9:00. I checked a few emails and decided to hit the hay for the night, I was exhausted! I slept until 6:30 the next morning (with the exception of a few bathroom breaks in the night). A busy weekend takes a lot out of a pregnant girl!
Monday morning came and went, another work week started and I am now one week closer to August 23rd. I can’t believe that 25 weeks have gone by with the blink of an eye. Monday afternoon I dug my fingers into the dirt and gave my plants a new home. I hope that they flourish and bloom all summer long. There’s something about the bright pink and yellow blossoms of petunias that bring a smile to my face.
Here is my 25 Week Belly Picture and I figured I would throw in a bare belly pic (also 25 weeks) just because I'm too scared to post it on facebook. :)

Now that I’ve written a short novel, I have come to realize how much I truly miss and enjoy writing, even though I'm not that good at it and sometimes I'm not even sure what I write makes sense. In my High School days (*gasp* almost 6 years ago, now!) I wrote a lot of poetry and let words flow freely to ease my mind and get through some of those tough years of early love, relationships and finding myself. I should dig some of those journals out and see how much I have changed and grown into the person I am today. But that is for another day.



No comments:
Post a Comment