Layout

Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Whirlwind of Thoughts...

The past week and a half has been busy, fun and productive!  Last Friday Danny and I decided last minute to drive to Berryville to go to the monastery.  The monastery is where we met each other and fell in love about 4 years ago (maybe for our 4 year anniversary (not wedding, but our "dating" anniversary) I will share that story with the world of blogs).  A mutual family friend has their family reunion at the monastery twice a year, once in the Spring and once in the Fall.  Danny and I have both been attending the monastery since we were little kids, I think I was even going there when my mom was pregnant with me...so it's been a long time!

We haven't made a trip up to the monastery in about 2 years so we figured it was time to make the trip.  And what better way than to be completely spontaneous on a Friday afternoon and hit the road?  We had a nice time catching up with everyone.  It is so peaceful and beautiful out on the monastery, it has always been one of my favorite places!
*********************************************************************************
On Saturday morning, my mom, my dad, my brother and I all headed out for a family breakfast.  Just the four of us, just like old times.  We haven't done that in YEARS!  It was nice.  Then Danny and I headed to Jiffy Lube Live to see Brad Paisley play with some other friends.  We also got to see Justin Moore and Darius Rucker.  This was the 3rd time we have seen Brad Paisley in concert, but we were in for a new treat this time around!  Rain, rain and more RAIN!  Which made for some interesting entertainment...a mud slide!  Danny and I joked that probably a year ago this would have been us...

Brad Paisley's song "She's Everything" was our first dance song at our wedding.  I know that a lot of people have played this song at their wedding, but Danny and I loved this song before it became popular.  Our very first Brad Paisley concert, in 2006, Brad Paisley played about half of the song.  Not many people in the crowd knew it, but Danny and I sure did.  From that moment we knew that was "our song."  I still get teary when Danny sings it to me.  Ahh, the memories...
Now if that doesn't say love, I don't know what does!

***********************************************************************************
We got home late Saturday night and hit the hay.  We slept in on Sunday and did a little work around the house.  Then we spent the evening snuggled on the couch watching movies.

We also made some progress on the nursery, so you know that I'm a happy camper.  We finally got the combo dresser/changing table and hutch put together and in the nursery.  See that rainbow of colors on the shelf?  That's me proudly presenting those cute little CLOTH (yes, I'm still going the cloth diaper route, so zip it!) diapers that I like to call "fluff."  Oh so cute!
Before
 After
***********************************************************************************
Yesterday Danny worked in the yard and I, for the very FIRST time, EVER, grilled!  Yep, that's it folks, it's official, this girl can GRILL!  Danny has been begging me for three years now to get a new grill.  It's been in the budget to get a new grill for awhile now, but some things are just worth waiting for, ya know?  This is like the grill of all grills, apparently!  It's a "Holland" .::Insert Ooohhh's and Aahhhhh's::.  I'm not sure if I should get the wife of the year award for breaking in the new grill or if I should just be thankful that dinner turned out pretty.darn.good?!  Anyway, I made Sweet Teriyaki Glazed Chicken, roasted squash, zucchini and onions all on the grill with a side of rice.  Danny says it's the grill that made dinner so good, but I'm not totally convinced!

Remember those flowers I planted awhile back?  Well, they are thriving beautifully in their new home.  They bring a smile to my face as I sit on the front porch with my morning coffee on the weekends and each day when I get home from a long day at work.  Flowers just have a way of brightening your day!

I've gotten a taste of what summer is going to be like around here the past few days.  It was 96 degrees out today, and honestly, the heat wasn't too terribly bad.  We took a walk around the neighborhood with the pups this evening when the day cooled down a bit.  It was nice to get out, stretch my legs and get some exercise.  I hope that we can keep it up, I know it's best for me and Marissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment