Layout

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy V~Day to Me (a day late)

What is V~Day you might ask? Well, really it doesn't mean much but according to some, it is the "viability" date, which is 24 weeks. The baby has the highest chance of surviving outside of the womb at 24 weeks and beyond. Ultimately, to me, it means I am one week closer to carrying Marissa to full term. I pray that we continue to progress through the pregnancy and that she does not decide to come anytime soon. It doesn't mean that my baby will survive if she decides to come now, but it does mean that her chances of survival have dramatically increased.




The nursery is coming along really well and I am so excited! The walls have been painted pink and brown and it looks GREAT! Danny still has some work to do and I've been pushing him to get it all done before I get too far along and I'm huge, uncomfortable, hot and tired. He says we have "plenty" of time, but we're almost down to the double digits! Oh my! To finish up Danny's portion of the nursery, he has to paint all of the trim, closet doors and the bedroom door white. He also needs to install chair molding to separate the pink and brown paint. The closet needs to be painted and a new closet organizer needs to be installed. We've ordered all of the nursery furniture and he will have to put all of it together. Over the weekend he put together the crib and I love, love, LOVE it!!! Now it just has to sit in the middle of the room until he is finished painting. We also received the combo dresser/changing table and he needs to put that together soon. The glider, ottoman and hutch to the dresser should be here within the next few weeks. So exciting! To say I've been nesting is an understatement. =)




Yesterday we had our 24 week appointment. Marissa's heartbeat was at 150, and the nurse said that Marissa doesn't like the doppler because she was moving around a lot. The doctor measured my stomach and I'm right on track, 24 centimeters; 16 centimeters to go. I don’t know if my stomach can grow that big! He said my weight, blood pressure and measurements are perfect and that he thinks I will continue to progress with no problems. It's such a relief going to the doctor's office and hearing her on the doppler. It eases my mind for a few weeks and lets me know she is doing just fine in there, even when I can't always feel her.
This was the inspriration for Marissa's middle name.  Irises are one of my favorite flowers and they have the sweetest smell and most delicate blooms. 

I go in about 3 weeks to have my gestational diabetes blood work done. Hopefully there will be no problems there! Our next appointment is June 1st and I will be 28 weeks and a day along. We will be having our last sonogram (providing everything is going well) to check my placenta. At our 20 week ultrasound the sonographer discovered that I have a low lying placenta. They want to make sure that it has moved up and out of the way of the cervix. They said about 99% of the time it is not a concern, but they want to double check just to make sure! My mom and Danny will be coming to see the sonogram. My mom has never seen one in person before (she didn’t have any when she had my brother and I) so she is excited to get to experience that and to get to see Marissa for the first time.


My friend Mickey had her baby last Wednesday, April 28th. I went and saw him in the hospital on Thursday and Danny and I went to visit them at home on Saturday. He is just so stinkin’ cute! I hope that Marissa and Hunter will have play dates in the future. It just amazes me at how little babies are. Even though Hunter was a whopping 8 pounds 9 ounces (I think that’s how much he weighed) he is still so tiny and delicate!



More updates on the nursery to come soon. I still haven’t had any wild cravings or outrageous pregnancy symptoms. I’ve been blessed with such an easy pregnancy and I’ve loved just about every minute of it. It’s such an amazing feeling knowing that I’m growing a person inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment