To begin, last Saturday we went to a friend's 1st anniversary cook-out/pool party. It was a lot of fun. I got to sit my big fat belly in the pool, eat delicious food, take a boat ride and relax with friends. I can't complain.
The view from the pool
Pretty Hibiscus
Danny & I on the boat
The sun beginning its closure on the day
And of course, what's an anniversary party without the bride and groom - Sean & Kristin
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Sunday I did three large loads of baby laundry. Talk about exhausting! But with laundry comes a finished closet thanks to my wonderful husband and Father in Law (FIL). It was so much fun going through all of the clothes. I can't believe how tiny some of the outfits are. Here is the GRAND reveal....
It is such a relief to have the closet finished. Now all we need to do in the nursery is order the wooden blinds for the window, possibly install a new ceiling fan and put away any items we get at my showers. Oh yeah, and have a baby. :) We've already received all of these clothes from friends and family, did I mention I haven't even had my showers yet? Miss Marissa ought to be one stylish little girl!
I'm really proud of the nursery, Danny and I have both put in a lot of hard work, and I'm glad to see it has paid off.
I sit in my glider quite often, thinking about how in just a few short weeks, our little angel will be here.
I was a good wifey on Sunday and made Danny his favorite dessert...strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese icing. And he didn't even have to ask me to make them. I think that deserves some brownie points, but who is keeping score?
Monday, June 28th marked 32 weeks for me. I've gained about 21 pounds total (on a good day, the above mentioned cupcakes for breakfast probably don't help the scale) and Marissa appears to be growing on track. I've been feeling her hiccups lately, which is really neat. She has been pretty active, some days it feels like she is doing somersaults! I wish I had x-ray vision so I could see what exactly she is up to all day. I still haven't had a single craving, which is kind of a bummer! You think that when you are pregnant you will have lots of cravings, sooo not true for me. I guess I eat a pretty rounded diet so maybe that's why I don't really crave sweets, salt, etc. So here we are at 32 weeks:
Marissa is getting B-I-G!
I'm ready for the long Holiday weekend ahead of us. We don't have any real plans other than celebrating Danny's mom's birthday on the 4th. We need to get some yard work done and I need to do some stuff before my shower next weekend. Hopefully we will have some time to relax and spend some quality husband and wife time together.
Have a Happy and safe 4th of July!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment