Layout

Sunday, August 1, 2010

It's Marissa's Birth Month (we hope)!!

Believe it or not, it's August!  Which means a few things: 1) Marissa should be making an appearance this month 2) We will become parents in ~ 30 days (holy cow) and 3) Our lives are about to change, forever!

We are pretty much all set for Marissa's arrival.  We still have a few things to do, but I think we're ready!  We toured the labor and delivery floor at the hospital on Friday and wrapped up our last birthing class.  A few of us in the class exchanged numbers and contact information to create our own personal "support group" for once our little ones arrive.  Who knows if any of us will actually keep in touch or get together, but it's nice that the option is there.  One couple actually lives right down the street from us and a few other couples live in the county.  

Friday my co-workers threw us a baby shower, it was really nice and we got a lot of great things for Marissa.  I'm so grateful for such kind and generous co-workers.  Plus there was yummy cake and lots of food!  A pregnant woman's best friend. :)  Ha, ha.

A piece of this cake might be calling my name tomorrow morning for breakfast. :o)



Danny came to join in on the fun!


Here's a picture of our pack-n-play we received, it's loaded down with presents for Marissa. 

As always, we had a very busy weekend.  Friday we had our last child birth class, my mom came to visit and my Brother in Law (BIL) and Sister in Law (SIL) came to visit.  They are also expecting their first child in December.  We are so excited for them and it will be a lot of fun having our children so close in age.  Even though they live far away, it will be fun when we all get together!

Saturday mom and I went shopping.  We got a few things to get ready for Marissa, including a mattress cover/protector, a tummy time mat and my mom also bought our stroller for us (thank you, mom - you're the best!).  I also got an exercise ball and some nursing bras for me.  I made a rice sock and a tennis ball pressure sock to take to the hospital with us.  I love sitting on the exercise ball, it's so comfy and hopefully will come in handy during labor.  We learned a lot of different ways to use it in class.  So now we are all set!  Danny is *hopefully* going to install the car seat this week and set up the stroller.  Pictures to come soon. :)  I have started packing my hospital bag, but still need to buckle down and get it ready to go.  I've been working on the last bit of baby laundry that we got from my work shower and other than hanging up a few decorations in the nursery, I will have the next 3 weeks to relax and enjoy this time with Danny.

Tomorrow I will be 37 weeks!  3 to go!  Can't wait to meet you, Marissa.

Ohhh...and I just have to brag on my husband for a quick second.  On Saturday we were at his parents house and his cousin had her baby there, Aubrey (who is almost 2 months old now).  She was starting to get a little fussy so Danny practiced one of the 5 S's on her -- shushing!  It worked like a charm.  He looked so cute rocking her and trying to calm her down.  I know he is going to be a great dad!





No comments:

Post a Comment