Layout

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Just For You, Mom

My mom has been wondering if I've "dropped" at all, so here's my 38 week pictures!  You tell me if I've dropped.  :)


So, mom...what's the verdict?  Have I dropped?

I had my 38 week 1 day appointment today.  Not much has changed, but I am officially 1 cm dilated!  Wahoo!  Not that it means anything, and labor could still be weeks away, but it's progress.

I only gained a half a pound in the past week, so I was happy about that!  The fresh batch of brownies I made yesterday are calling my name though, which probably isn't good for the scales.

My blood pressure was perfect and the doctor says I look great.  He estimated that Marissa will weigh in the high 7 pound range if she makes it to my due date.  Which that's great news to me.  I know people always say they want small babies, but I really want her to be as healthy as possible.

I think everyone is getting excited, but I still think she is going to be a little late.  Hopefully no one is getting their hopes up too much (mom).  =)

I know I've put a million pictures of the nursery on here, but with each addition to the room, I feel compelled to take more pictures.  So here's just a few more.


We are just patiently waiting at this point.  Danny and I went on a 20 minute walk this evening.  I could definitely feel the burn in my legs and hips.  I am going to have to get my butt in shape after Marissa comes!

Yesterday we found out that Robby and Katie (BIL and SIL) are having a baby boy!  We're really excited for them!  It would have been cool if they were having a girl, but I'm sure they'll still have lots of fun together.  Marissa is still the only grand daughter on Danny's family's side, and of course this is my parent's first grand child.

Danny and I have been talking about holidays and traditions we want to start with Marissa.  It's so fun thinking of all the things we will get to do with her.  We definitely want to start a family vacation once a year.  We haven't decided if we want to pick a place and go there each year at the same time or if we want to go some place new each year and keep the date open.  I guess we have time for deciding all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment