Ugh -- talk about insomnia! I've been wide awake since about 3:20. I finally had enough and figured I would get a jump start on the day. So here I sit at 5:10 on Friday morning, blogging, enjoying a nice tall glass of cold milk and some tums.
Yesterday we had a bio physical profile, aka an ultrasound for Marissa. They checked fluid levels, movement, took measurements and just made sure she isn't under any stress. Everything checked out great and they are estimating she will weigh 7 pounds 6 ounces, give or take a pound either way. The ultrasound tech switched to 3D for a quick glance at our baby girl. This was the first time we actually got to see her in 3D. Her hand was up by her mouth and she looked pretty squished (Marissa, that means it's time for you to make your exit! You've outgrown your home). Just sayin'!
Danny stocked up on some cigars and a bottle of champagne for Marissa's arrival. Again, that is if this child ever decides to come meet her parents. She must get her stubbornness and tardiness from her father, because we ALL know that I hate being late and I could never be stubborn, right? Rrrrrright!
Well, today is officially my last day of work before going out on maternity leave, so I guess that is something to look forward to. Since I will be taking 12 weeks of leave, I will be going back to work the week of Thanksgiving. Worked out pretty well, I think! I will work for a few days, then have off for the Holiday. Can't beat that.
It is utterly quiet in the house at this hour. I still can't believe I am wide awake and still have had no contractions to speak of. Hopefully I can get some rest before this whole labor and delivery thing rolls around! The couch will probably be calling my name come 3:00.
Have a wonderful day, blogger world!
No comments:
Post a Comment