We left Robby and Katie's house at 7:00 pm and got home around 12:15 last night. We made great timing and it was so nice to snuggle into our own bed and sleep in. Today I caught up on laundry, putting everything away from our trip, went to the grocery store and made home made chicken noodle soup with dumplings. It was delicious!
An old High School friend, Nick, his girl friend, Teresa and their two (almost three) kids stopped in to hang out and catch up today. It was really nice seeing them, it's not often that I see people from back home and it was a nice surprise for them to call us up. Danny had a blast with their two little boys and neither of them wanted to go home when it was time to pack up. They wore Danny out so much that he fell asleep at the dinner table! Okay, maybe the few beers him and Nick had together had something to do with it, but I had to laugh. When Nick got here he told Danny "they will wear you out before you wear them out!" Couldn't be more true. They were full of energy but I would be willing to bet they slept on their way home!
It's back to work tomorrow, another week of being away from my baby girl. We really need to do something about this whole working thing!
Here's a few pictures from Marissa's first Thanksgiving.
Does that face not have rotten written all over it?
Such a cutie!
There's a few things I learned over Thanksgiving this year...
- I'm thankful for our little family of three! I can't imagine my life without Danny and Marissa and I had no idea I could love two people so much.
- There's a reason Four Loko's (alcoholic energy drinks) are being banned, lol! Do the math.
- People come in and out of your life and some people just aren't worth having there in the first place. I've quickly found out who my friends are and needless to say, I'm done wasting time on people who don't deserve to have friends like Danny and I.
- I seriously have a cloth diaper addiction...I bought 8 new diapers over the holiday weekend. YaY for fluffy mail!
- A 6 pack now-a-days gets me pretty right. Yeah, I pumped and dumped. Don't judge!

No comments:
Post a Comment