Layout

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Where It All Began...

Over the weekend Danny and I headed to a beautiful piece of land where our love began four and a half years ago.  We met at a mutual family friend's bi-annual family reunion at a monastery.  We chatted around a bonfire with cold beer on a crisp Spring night and we joked about how there's nothing wrong with a little "Mudd."  Last Spring Marissa was still an inside baby but she experienced her first Monastery weekend (in mommy's tummy).  This past weekend she got to experience her very first Monastery weekend as an outside baby.  Though she is too young to appreciate the scenic views, beautiful sunsets and weekend festivities (making ice cream, the apple game, pinatas, pumpkin soda bowling and good times) she still got to dress up for Halloween and meet everyone who has known me since I was her age!





  Aren't these views breath taking?

Eli & Sadie had a good time playing in the field...




Marissa dressed up but she wasn't too thrilled with the outfit, so she only stayed in it for about 10 minutes!


It's hard to believe that we started out going here as little kids and now we're married and have a beautiful baby girl together.  Life sure is amazing!

 All bundled up, it was chilly!

 Happy Halloween!

Marissa also turned 2 months old over the weekend.  Yep, TWO MONTHS!  She is growing so fast, I miss my little baby already.  She is very curious and loves looking around.  She holds her head up well and she loves smiling and blowing bubbles.  

Danny is away in New York again this week for work so it has just been us girls hanging out.  Tomorrow we are going to go have dinner with the babysitter so Marissa can start getting use to her.  I only have two weeks of maternity leave left.  Ugh, it's going to be a sad day when I go back...

Our two year wedding anniversary is coming up and we haven't planned anything yet.  To be honest, I would be perfectly content with staying at home and making a nice dinner, opening a bottle of wine and spending the evening with my family.  However, I think we will probably go out to a nice dinner and then head home in time to get Marissa in bed and enjoy the evening with my husband. :)

Marissa's two month check up isn't until next Monday, but here's a picture taken on her 2 month birthday!

 "Mom, I don't want my picture taken!"

 Look at those chubby cheeks!  This child is definitely NOT starving!
 *Cutie pie*

She melts my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment