Length - 24.25 inches, 95th percentile! I don't know who she gets that from, it certainly isn't me.
Weight - 10 pounds 13 ounces, big girl! She gained exactly 2 pounds since her 1 month check up. She is in the 39th percentile for weight. Petite girl like her momma.
Head circumference - 15 inches. She is in the 24th percentile for her age group.
She grew 3 inches in one month, I can't believe it!
Now onto the bad stuff...SHOTS!
Marissa had three shots in the leg and one oral. She was laying on the table, happy, looking at the picture on the wall, smiling and then...the nurse stuck her. She wasn't even very gentle. Marissa started to turn red and then BAM, the nurse stuck her two more times. I was holding her hand and she looked like she was in complete shock (and pain) and forgot to breathe. I kept saying "breathe baby girl, breathe!" She finally let out a scream and it was a scream I had never heard before. I scooped her up in my arms and then on came the water works. My heart broke for her and I just wanted to do anything I could to make her feel better, but I knew that there was nothing I could do. Danny came to the appointment with us and he said he was prepared for Marissa to cry, but he wasn't quite prepared for both of us to cry.
As soon as we got back to the car I let her nurse because I knew she needed comforting. After I fed her she fell asleep on the way home from the doctor's office. We packed up a few things and then headed to town to start our Christmas shopping.
Marissa slept most of the day while we were in town. I carried her in the Moby most of the day, so she was nice and close and cuddly to mommy. She fussed a few times and I could tell she was in some pain from the shots. I gave her some baby tylenol (directed by the doctor) and I think that took enough of the pain away to let her sleep and get her rest.
Since it was our *2* year wedding anniversary, we decided to go to the Olive Garden for dinner. She slept for the first half of dinner and then she woke up and took in her surroundings. She was surprisingly very happy and content. I guess she knew it was our anniversary and wanted to give us a nice dinner out. Such a good little girl! We topped off dinner with a delicious piece of pumpkin cheesecake and coffee. Mmm...talk about good!
We got home in time to get Marissa snuggled into bed by 7pm. She slept from 7pm last night until 7am this morning! Apparently shots take a lot out of a girl!
Danny and I spent the rest of the evening relaxing together. We didn't get each other anything for our anniversary. We figured spending the day together as a family was better than any gift (though another cruise would be nice). I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful, loving husband! I'm so lucky that he asked me to be his wife! Two years have flown by and I can't believe that I've been blessed with everything I've ever wanted, a place we call home, a wonderful husband and a beautiful little family that I can't imagine my life without.
My how things can change in *2* short years!

Ok, so I can no longer read your blog while I'm at work. I started to tear up reading this haha! Geeez! I hope my co-teacher doesn't look my way lol! I'm just so happy for you and Danny:) And little Marissa is perfect..I would've socked that nurse hahaha!
ReplyDeleteLove ya Ash-hole!