We've had a very busy weekend in our household. Friday Danny's brother and wife came into town to visit so we stayed up late visiting with them. I fought with Marissa for three hours at the in-laws house before deciding to pack it up and head home. The child just didn't want to sleep there! So we get home, I change her diaper, swaddle her and within 5 minutes of being home she was out like a light. She didn't wake up until 5:30 am. I fed her and changed her and she was back down until 7:30.
On Saturday we had Katie's baby shower. I got up early and Marissa and I played Betty Crocker in the kitchen while Daddy slept in. We made bean dip and clubhouse cups for the shower and drank our morning coffee. She zonked out halfway through the process so I cranked up the music on the TV and danced around singing in my apron. Danny laughed when he woke up and saw the sight.
The shower went well, we had lots of yummy food and Marissa (somewhat) behaved. She didn't nap well so she was a bit cranky but that's to be expected when she's tired. I think it is hard for her to nap when there is so much going on. We didn't do any of our regular daily activities so I think she has a hard time sleeping when she doesn't get the right kind of stimulation. Again, we tried to put her down at Danny's parents house for bed. We figured if we could get her in bed and settled in for the night we could go out for a movie date with Robby & Katie and Erin & Robey. Let's just say Marissa had other plans. After about an hour of fighting with her I just gave up. As much as I love spending my days with Marissa, when it's time for bed, it's time for bed! It's not enjoyable for me to be fighting with her to get her to sleep in a strange place while everyone else is having a good time relaxing/chatting. When Marissa goes to bed, it's me time. I don't get a lot of me time during the day with her so by the end of the day I'm ready for a breather! Marissa has a pretty defined schedule and when it gets thrown out of whack I'm the one who has to deal with the consequences. I know that sometimes life gets in the way and schedules don't always work but if I can help it, I try to keep it flowing as smooth as possible. That way at the end of the day she sleeps well, I can unwind with a glass of wine or a beer and keep my sanity all at the same time.
Today we went over for breakfast and said goodbye to Robby and Katie. After breakfast we headed home to R-E-L-A-X! I felt like I wasn't home all weekend and just wanted to veg out on the couch all day. Of course, laundry, dishes and cleaning the house were thrown in the mix, along with tummy time and playing with Marissa...but I didn't get out of my pj's all day! Suhweet! I've really become a home body lately. I just like being in the comfort of my home and I have a feeling when I go back to work I'm just going to want to be home in the evenings and weekends to spend time as a family.
Which reminds me, I go back to work in one week. Yep, you read it right, one week! The past 11 weeks have flown by so fast...and to top things off Marissa is still refusing the bottle. Life as she knows it is about to drastically change and I hope she gives in to the bottle soon. Otherwise, it's going to make for a long, hard transition for her, the sitter and myself.
Marissa has been in bed for almost an hour! After the past two nights of unruly bedtime routines and short fuses, I feel so refreshed. Like I can breathe again!

No comments:
Post a Comment