Layout

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Weekend in Review

We headed to my parents house on Friday for Easter weekend.  It was an uneventful drive and Marissa slept pretty good Friday night.

Saturday my grandma, grandpa, Uncle, cousin, and some family friends all came for a big Easter dinner.  The weather was nice and we had so much food it wasn't funny.  Danny ate so much that he snuck away for a little cat nap on the front porch.
He woke just in time for the CAPS Game.

Marissa was such a good girl all day, so of course, she had to ruin it by sleeping like total poo that night.  She went to bed fine, but at 10:30 pm she woke up and would not go back to sleep until 2:00 am.  Luckily, my mom helped out and stayed up with her so Danny and I could get some sleep.  She was up again at 5:00 am and up for the day by 7:30 am.  Again, I can't think my mom enough for helping us out.  I think a big part of the problem is she is sleeping in a pack n play at my parents and she also sleeps in the same room as us.  Right as I was going to bed is when she started stirring.  I think it's hard for her to sleep with us in the room and she isn't used to not having her own bed with her own smells.  She may have had a tummy ache, a bad dream, teething, who knows.  Everyone loves to diagnose a baby, my diagnosis is she's stubborn!

We stopped on our way home to visit some friends which was nice.  Then we had Easter dinner at Danny's parents house.  Marissa chowed down on some green beans, sweet potato fries, banana and of course you can't forget the puffs!  No banana pudding for her yet. 

I know that most kids go through a picky phase, but I'm seriously considering holding off on hot dogs, chicken nuggets and all those other foods that kids love.  Danny and I have decided that we don't want to be fixing her hot dogs and nuggets every night (not only are they not very good for you but I just don't think you are setting a good example or creating a healthy lifestyle for your children when you do this).  When she is a little older we feel that she needs to eat what we are serving.  Sometimes I feel like parents take the easy route and just get kids McDonald's or junk food so they don't have to deal with fruits and vegetables.  Maybe I will be eating my words in a few years, but in the meantime this is our plan.  Also, no dessert if she doesn't eat her dinner!  We're such terrible parents, aren't we?! :-P 

Here is Marissa eating some green beans from her Grandpup's garden
All done mommy, you can wash my face now?



It was so beautiful yesterday that I took Marissa outside for a quick photo shoot.  I'm still working on learning about my camera.  While I love the outcome when I get a good picture, sometimes it takes 50 pictures until I get a good one.  ::Sigh:: It's a work in progress, I'm no professional, so cut me some slack.

She loves clapping her hands!

And how can you not love these CHEEKS?!

Do you see her crazy hair?  She has so much on top but it's still pretty thin on the sides.  We try to comb it to the side but it never stays that way.


The dogs came home with us from their 3 week "gran-cation" at their grandparent's house.  I'm not sure if they were just wore out from the stay or if they are depressed, but they've done a lot of sleeping since we've gotten home.  It's nice to have them home and I've resumed my normal checking the side of the bed before my feet hit the floor in the morning to go get Marissa.  Sadie has without fail been there every morning.

This weekend we are going to celebrate Hunter's 1st Birthday!  It seems like it was just yesterday that I was going to the hospital to see Jeremy and Mickey and their new bundle of joy!

We may also be going to see Lynyrd Skynyrd in concert with Erin and Robey.  They invited us along and we haven't been out on a "date" in so long that I suppose it is over due.  With working full time, I just don't want to spend a single minute away from Marissa.  I feel like if I was a part-time or stay at home mom (SAHM) then I would need a break and want to go out more often.  I only get to see her 3-4 hours a day max, so I cherish every second with her ad I just don't have a huge desire to leave her over night or be away from her on the weekends.  Also, since I'm still nursing, her only nursing session of the day is first thing in the morning.  The rest of the time she gets bottles.  So that's a special time just for her and me. 

I can't believe my little girl is going to be 8 months old in just a few short days!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your about the chicken nuggets, hot dogs, etc. Breanna won't be eating that stuff for a while, and it would never be on regular basis (even when she's older). I'm too much of a health food nut. Sometimes I too consider myself "crunchy".

    I also understand about not wanting to be away from Breanna because I'm away from her so much already. My husband and I haven't had a date night since Breanna was born. We do plan on having one this weekend, about time. A concert does sound like fun, and it's not like you would gone for a full day.

    I would LOVE to work part time...I keep hoping to figure out a way to make that work.

    Oh - I can't see your pictures here at work, but I'm sure Marissa is super cute. I'll check them out later.

    ReplyDelete