Layout

Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 In Review & Bringing in the New Year

So much happened in 2012, it will honestly be a hard year to beat.  We started the year with a new baby to bring home from the hospital.  I was fortunate enough to get three months off for maternity leave and soak up as much time as I could with my two babies.


After my maternity leave was up, Danny and I discussed me going part time at work.  We decided that we could financially afford for me to go part time and that spending these precious years with my children is more important than money.  We have the rest of our lives to make money, but our babies are only this little for such a short time.  So I went back to work, three days a week.

The days and months flew by.  Marissa went from our little toddler to a little girl with so much sass and personality.  Before we knew it she was celebrating her 2nd birthday, speaking in sentences, potty trained and melting our hearts every day.  When we decided to start our family, I knew I would love my children, but I never understood the magnitude of love that I would have until I held her in my arms.  I also learned in 2012 that love does not divide when you have more than one child, it grows.


As the summer came to an end, it felt like the year was flashing before our eyes.  My birthday came and went, then Danny's birthday and Halloween. I took Marissa on her first "Trick-or-Treating" excursion, just the two of us.  


We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary with a week long trip to St. Maarten.  It was beautiful!  We got one on one time as husband and wife with no children, no bedtime routines, no waking up early to feed the baby and freedom to do whatever our hearts desired.  We had so much fun together.  A mom at my mom's group said she thinks her and her husband would have ran out of things to talk about after a week away from the kids.  It was really nice to nurture our marriage and while we may not have spent the entire time talking, we found plenty to keep us entertained. 



Once we got back from our trip the holidays were rapidly approaching.  Dylan had his first Thanksgiving dinner, full of sweet potatoes, green beans, turkey and even a little pumpkin pie.  Dylan also celebrated his first Christmas as an outside baby and even enjoyed opening a few presents.  Before the New Year, our sweet boy celebrated his very first birthday and tasted cake for the very first time!

On New Year's Eve we headed to Richmond with some friends and stayed with my best friend, Cierra.  We started the night off with tequila and champagne, so it was a pretty good night.  

Erin, Cierra & I



I haven't really set any resolutions yet.  So I will try to be a better wife, mother, daughter and friend.  I will try to focus on the friendships that bring me happiness.  I will try to craft more, read more and maybe drink more wine. ;) I want to treat each day like it is my last.  I want to be thankful for what I have and find the good in all people.  I want to be true to myself and stand up for what I believe, even if it means walking away.  


P.S. It only took me 3 tries to write this post...so maybe I should vow to be a better blogger. 





No comments:

Post a Comment