We found out yesterday that Danny has to go on travel for work. This will be the longest time he has been away from us. He will leave Monday morning and won't be back until February 5th (which means he also misses Superbowl with us). Normally when he travels he gets to at least be home on the weekends, but not this time. I know we will make due and everything will be fine; I just really wish he didn't have to go. I guess I got a little spoiled by him not traveling recently. I hope that the kids sleep well while he's gone and that I can get us all up and ready on the days I have to work. I may make a trip back home to see my parents and some friends, weather permitting. And I will be sure to stock up on frozen pizzas, popcorn and wine for myself. I never feel like cooking when Danny is gone, it's just not the same making a full dinner when he isn't home to enjoy it.
The kids will keep me plenty busy but it still gets a little lonely in the evenings after they go to bed. Hopefully I can attend some Mom group events while he is gone to help break up the monotony. I think keeping ourselves busy will be the best way to cope with missing Danny.
So while I don't want to wish my life away...here's to hoping the next 2.5 weeks go by quickly! Yuma, take care of my husband and send him home safely.
No comments:
Post a Comment