Layout

Monday, December 7, 2009

Last Week Away Before the Holidays!

So, it's that time again...Danny is in New York. Which is a total bummer because I've had him home for the past two weeks, but on the positive side (I'm trying to make a conscious effort to start thinking more positive!) this will be the last week of travel for him until the holidays are over. That means I have him all to myself starting on Friday! And I don't have to give him up for a whole three weeks! Okay, so maybe not all to myself, we have Christmas parties, an 80's theme party, time with friends and family that I will have to share, but I can take that...as long as I am there with him. :)


The weekend turned out slightly different than the original plan, but it worked out all as well, minus a few glitches in the system. My parents ended up getting six inches of snow on Saturday so we opted out of the 2 hour drive through the woods and over the mountains to mom and dad's house and stayed home. I went to a tupperware party on Saturday night and because of those too darn cute smidgens (I think that's what they were called, anyway, it's a little miniature tupperware container on a key chain and if you decide to pick one then you have a chance of having to throw your own tupperware party!) well, needless to say, I couldn't live without one so I put my hand in the bucket and of course pulled out a tiny little tupperware keychain that nominated me for a tupperware party of my own. It will be held on February 6th at 1:00, so if you need tupperware you know where to go. :)


Sunday we went to a friends house to watch the Redskins lose another game that they should have won. You know that saying "you win some, you lose some?" well, the Redskins seem to lose more than not. Ah, the glory of being a Redskins fan. Back to Sunday, we had a little mishap with our chocolate lab, Eli, and our friends boxer, Hotah. It was their first time meeting each other and Eli was apparently a little unprepared for the meet and greet. He snapped at Hotah and got a hold of his ear. It was bleeding really bad and I felt so bad for him. It happened so quick that I didn't realize what had happened until Hotah's white coat had red spots on it. Hotah seemed to be handling it very well. I know it could have been a lot worse but I just don't condone that kind of behavior from my dogs. Eli has never been aggressive and this was a first for me. My heart was racing and I just can't stand it when dogs fight. I've seen dogs fight before and things can get out of hand so quickly, whether it is two big dogs or two small dogs.


Overall the weekend was pretty good, just too short as always. This week should be pretty uneventful and I look forward to Danny's (safe) return home from NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment