
Ok, so I am going to attempt to make Peanut Butter FUDGE for the very first time tonight. Yum-O! The recipe seems simple enough, but for those of you that know me, I'm not a very good baker. I love to cook, don't get me wrong, but when it comes to baking I have this terrible problem with following directions! One time I tried to make one of those Amish friendship breads, you know, the one you smash for a couple days, let it sit on your counter while it ferments and smells like beer, then you add some ingredients and separate it out for your friends? Yeah, I forgot to separate it out for my friends and ended up baking the whole thing. Ooops! Then my hubby asked me, where's the ones for your friends and I got totally embarrassed. I was really hoping he wouldn't notice. He says that song "Little Moments" by Brad Paisley reminds him of me. "When she misreads the directions and we're lost but holdin' hands," yeah, I think he may be referring to that part. :) Anyway, the friendship bread still turned out despite my inability to follow directions, it just tasted a lot different than it was supposed to. I even fed it to my friends and they didn't say it was bad....so that must of meant it was ok, right? Ha, RIGHT!!
Okay, totally rambling, I'll let you know how the fudge turns out; Peanut Butter is my all time favorite! If it ends up being an A+ recipe it just might make a debut at our Christmas Cocktail Party next weekend!
Anyone else doing any holiday baking?
Okay, totally rambling, I'll let you know how the fudge turns out; Peanut Butter is my all time favorite! If it ends up being an A+ recipe it just might make a debut at our Christmas Cocktail Party next weekend!
Anyone else doing any holiday baking?
No comments:
Post a Comment