Layout

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

**My Guardian Angel**

Somewhere out there is my guardian angel and I just want to say thank you. Today was a very strange day. To start, I had to go to Woodbridge to take two exams for my Personal Finance class I have been taking this semester. Every time (the whole 2 dreadful trips I've made) I have gone to Woodbridge I have had a terrible experience. The first experience I ended up leaving in tears and cried half way down I-95 and the second time I left cussing and throwing a fit. I'm usually a pretty well tempered person but I've just had horrid experiences there. Anyway, so I drive up 95 this morning, drinking my Gingerbread cream coffee, listening to music, dodging crazy Northern Virginia drivers and dreading going into this school that I have had so much drama with. I find parking with minimal problems, pay the meter and I trudge in to take my exams. As I'm walking through the hall I have this sadistic thought come to mind. I hate to admit this, but it really crossed my mind this morning. I thought to myself, I have had terrible experiences here, I wonder how many other students have left disgruntled and frustrated like I have? I then thought of the stress of the holidays, exams and just life in general. At that moment it crossed my mind that a student could so easily walk into this school and open fire on any innocent person that gets in their way. Sorry, I said it was sadistic...

Fast forward a few hours, I completed my exams, got a B in the class, drove back down 95 and headed to work. Seems like a pretty normal day, huh?

...Think again! I get a text from my best friend this afternoon asking if I was okay. She said there had been a shooting at the Woodbridge campus where I had been just two and a half hours earlier. I was freaking out at this point! I know that my thoughts this morning had nothing to do with what happened, but somebody was looking over me and gave me the intuition to know that something was coming. I'm not exaggerating and I didn't make this up. Luckily, no one was hurt and the 20 year old student has been arrested and is being held with no bond and has charges of attempted murder against him. It is so sad that the stress of life may cost this young person many years of his life. Yes, I get angry, upset, I may cry, or cuss or throw my hands up in the air and want to give up (after my first trip to Woodbridge I contacted my professor and told her I would not be completing the course) but I could never imagine letting something so simple get to me like this. I don't know what was going through this guys head or what possessed him to do this, but I am thankful no one was hurt.

When I called my husband to explain this story to him he sat in silence for a few minutes and just said that he was glad that I was okay. He couldn't believe that my thoughts from this morning actually came true. Did this student have the same thought as I did at the same time? Granted, my vision had no face to the person with the gun, but was he in the midst of planning this out? I cringed at the thought of someone doing this and it brought back thoughts of VA Tech not that long ago. I quickly shook the thought from my mind and went about my business. Not until I received that text did it dawn on me again.

Though a few hours separated my thoughts with that young mans actions, it brought chills down my back and sent a flash of reality to my mind when I heard the news. Life can be so short, today, the Woodbridge faculty, staff and students had someone looking over them. Tonight, I pray for the safety of all my family and friends and I hope that you know I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment