Layout

Monday, December 5, 2011

Our Weekend in Review

We had a pretty productive weekend, complete with fun filled activities, crafting, yummy (homemade) dessert, friends and checking off a few things on our to-do list.

Saturday morning Danny got the changing table moved from Marissa's room to Dylan's and we set up a new dresser and storage cube in Marissa's "big girl" room. 

We went to the local Christmas parade and had dinner downtown with friends.  The kids enjoyed the parade but it lasted a little too long for Marissa.  We didn't get to see Santa on the last float since we decided to leave after 2 hours of the parade. 

Marissa and Daddy at the parade, all bundled up!


Our attempt at a family photo...

Hanging out on Daddy

As Marissa would say: "dawgs"

Hangin' with the boys...Jeremy, Hunter, Danny and Marissa.


Hanging out at the house on Sunday, cheeese!

Sunday I went grocery shopping...I seriously need to stop going to the store while I'm this pregnant.  I came home with a bunch of junk food and ingredients to make this:


Stay tuned on the recipe page for an easy homemade peanut butter pie recipe that is super delish (if I do say so myself)!

My mother in law is helping to re-fabric Marissa's crib mobile to match Dylan's nursery.  I made these little elephants for the mobile.  They are far from perfect, but I made them for about $6.00 compared to the $50.00 they sell for on Etsy!  Stay tuned for the finished product. =)



I am 36 weeks pregnant today!  I have an appointment on Wednesday, we'll see if I'm making any progress.  I'm starting to feel like Dylan may come early, but I'm still holding out hope that we get past the holidays first.  Time shall tell.

What's going on with Dylan:

Weight Gain: 29 pounds total, with Marissa I gained 39 total (over 41 weeks) so I'm hoping I don't gain 10 pounds in the next 4 +/- weeks.  However, the two lunches I had today probably didn't help the scales. 

Cravings: I definitely have more of a sweet tooth with this pregnancy (see 5,000 calorie/slice peanut butter pie above).  I've gone through more oreos than I care to admit.  I typically would only buy them on sale, but that has gone out the window!

Rings: My wedding band has gotten too tight (half a size smaller than my other rings), but I am still able to wear my engagement ring and the pearl that Danny got me for our anniversary one year.  With Marissa, I was unable to wear my rings past 32 weeks, so I think I'm doing pretty good!

Swelling: Ankles, hands and feet are looking pretty good.  I don't know if it's the season difference between my pregnancy with Marissa (summer) and Dylan (fall-winter) but I have had almost no swelling this time.  ::Knock on wood::
Movement: Dylan has been pretty active.  He does feel like he's dropped some, as I feel like I'm starting to get the "pregnancy waddle."  With Marissa I think I may have laughed at a few pregnant women I saw who were waddling.  I thought that the pregnant waddle was just a myth...now I'm not so sure.  I'm pretty sure I waddle when I walk. :-P

Turkey Timer: Popped :o)

Sleep: What's that you speak of?  I'm getting up 2-3 times a night to use the bathroom and I wake up everytime I roll over.  I cringe when people say "sleep while you still can."  Really?  Really!?

No comments:

Post a Comment