Layout

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Centerpiece for a Wintery Day*

Today it is *cold* and there is white fluff and sleet falling from the sky. I thought it would be a good day to go to the Opp Shop in town and see what kind of goodies I could pick up. Kristin joined me for her first adventure into the Opp Shop. Ha, ha, I talk like I'm some seasoned shopper, it was my second trip! Anyway, I was able to find three taper candle holders (for a quarter a piece, can I say..I'll take those!?) so I decided to make a Christmas centerpiece for our new kitchen table. Yesterday I rushed to town to get a table cloth for the new table, I'm very impatient, what can I say!? Of course, adding a table cloth just brings it all together and makes me happy, calm and the feeling of accomplishment!

Okay, back to the centerpiece. I went and got three candles and the rest of the stuff I had just lying around the house. Here's the finished product! The picture doesn't bring it much justice, but the white poinsettias have glitter on them and the little berries have a pearly shine to them. And of course, my favorite, Ting TING (you can't really see them in the picture, bummer)! That's the spiral things coming out of the centerpiece, they are gold and sparkly and once the candles are lit they should add a nice touch.


Off to watch the Fall turn into a ~*Winter Wonderland*~

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute! I love the tablecloth, too! I wish I had your eye for decorating lol

    ReplyDelete