Marissa and I took a little trip to the mailbox this morning to find this little handmade gift from Monika, a long time family friend.
So cute! We have gotten so many wonderful gifts from friends and family. Everyone has been so generous and thoughtful. Marissa is one special little girl. I love handmade gifts that are one of a kind. Marissa has received 3 handmade crochet blankets, headbands and a cute winter hat.
The sun is finally shining after two days of pouring rain! I'm trying to pack for our trip to New York, though I'm not feeling very motivated today.
Eli and Sadie will be going to their best friend's house next week while we're away. They like going to Heidi's (the black rottie) house because they can romp and play and drive Heidi's parents crazy with their non-stop energy. =) Here's a few photos from their last sleep over...
They play so well together. I know many people don't trust Rottweilers, but Heidi is such a sweet dog and very well behaved. She's not temperamental at all and she does well around other dogs and kids. We watched Heidi a few weekends ago while Bear and Amanda (Heidi's parents) went on a camping trip. Even with a new baby, having three dogs in the house wasn't that bad.
Today is the first day of October which means it is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Ladies, make sure you do your monthly breast exam! It's very important to catch it early. I'm sure you know someone who has had, beaten or lost their battle with breast cancer. Several years ago we lost my Aunt Norma to breast cancer. I miss her and think about her often, I can only hope they find a cure one day soon. Save the ta-ta's!




No comments:
Post a Comment