Layout

Monday, August 29, 2011

Marissa's 1st Birthday Party!

Even a hurricane wasn't going to stop us from throwing a great birthday bash for Marissa.  We had lots of food, great presents and yummy cupcakes to celebrate.  Marissa really seemed to enjoy her cake and ice cream.  She wasn't too interested in opening her presents, that will be next year.  Our friends and family were so generous and got her lots of goodies for her birthday.  I've enjoyed reading her new books to her; she's going to be so smart from all this reading.  It's so important to read to children, I don't think people do it nearly enough.  I always enjoyed reading when I was a kid and I hope that Marissa enjoys it, too.

Without further ado, here are some photos from Marissa's 1st birthday bash!  I really enjoyed making all the decorations for the party!

The cake and cupcakes were made by the same friend who did our wedding cake.  I love her work!

Smash Cake!
 Marissa before the party with her bed head. 

 Napkin Rings


 Center pieces
 Back door decorations
 Sign on the front door 

 Play kitchen from Grammy and Grandpup and a few of the gifts
 Birthday Banner


 Loved, loved, loved the smash cake and cupcakes.  They finished the look for the party!
 My DIY Cupcake stand
Opening presents with Daddy









Marissa and Hunter playing in the kitchen
 My little sweetie!

 DIY Ladybug hair clip

 She's a walking machine now!

 Can you see my teeth!?
 So Pretty!
 "I'm soooo big, mommy!"
 Marissa and Daddy




Overall we had a great time, even though there was a hurricane going on outside.  I think we're going to take Marissa to the zoo tomorrow and spend the day as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment